Monday 26 May 2014

Ghost Error 2.1: The following drives were not unmounted cleanly 2.1

Issue :

I have a problem when I try to do image using Norton Ghost. It says " The following drive were not unmounted cleanly 2.1". I search for answer in google and I found this link : http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH127683

I've tried their solution and it's work for me.


Solution : 





Open command prompt (cmd) and run chkdsk /f for your drive. in this case, my drive letter is F which is my external hard disk. By default when I open the command prompt the drive is C: . So you have to change drive that you want to fix.

Sometimes, after you type chkdsk /f, it will says "chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk may run if this volume is disamounted first. All OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? <Y/N>

Just type Y and press Enter from your keyboard and wait until the process done.

Please see the picture below.

The following drives were not unmounted cleanly 2.1

The following drives were not unmounted cleanly 2.1


Now, you may try to use the drive again.



p/s : If this article helped, please share comment or like.


Thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment